Whether you are returning or a new family, we hope you'll help in making this a year to remember for your student. You'll find middle school does not require as much parent involvement as grade school. Throughout the year help will be needed at our four events, and with food donations. However, one of the best ways for you and your family to support our Huskies is to join the PTO. Your membership contributions go a long way to support our events and there is no need to volunteer if you are busy.
Everyone is welcome to attend our PTO meetings. Even if you do not have time to volunteer please attend the monthly meetings to hear the Principal's Report about our school; see what we are all about and share your input. Communication is at the center of our board’s mission as well as a teamwork approach. We encourage parents and teachers to share their skills, knowledge, thoughts and ideas with us. Please let us know how we can help you. Do not hesitate to ask us for anything you need. We look forward to working with you.
Follow us on Facebook.
Why does our school need a PTO?
Our primary objective as a PTO is to provide our students with programs, resources and services that will enrich and maximize the education of each child.
What does herget PTO do for our school?
The PTO actively works to provide Herget students with activities and opportunities that enrich their middle school experience. The PTO does this with parent involvement through committees and working with teachers and staff.
Why join PTO Committee?
Are you interested in volunteering more, but not sure what you can do why not join a committee…
- If you are a member of a committee or the board, you attend the monthly meeting to share ideas, receive updates and information and vote on budget costs.
- There are some committees that can be done from home.
- If you see a friend is chairing a committee ask if they need help, either as a co-chair or a volunteer to support their committee.
- It's a fun way to become involved in your child’s school and make new friends in the community.
- Below is a list of committees and activities where help is needed and appreciated.
Where does the money go?
- The PTO provides student council help during the year.
- We help support PBIS - Positive Behavior Intervention System.
- The PTO proudly supports events: Fall & Spring Huskies Hangout Events, the 8th grade dance Photo Booth & Food, etc.
- Teacher appreciation events occur during the year to thank the teachers and staff for everything they do for the students of Herget School.
- The PTO pays for insurance to make sure that everyone is safe during sponsored events.
- In addition, the PTO strives to provide financial resources for the school. To help with requests for equipment needed for education to support our teachers and students.
- In the past, contributions have allowed the PTO to help with the purchase of:
• The sound system in the cafeteria
• Prizes for PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System)
• A Button Making Machine for the Business Makers Club
• Books for the Language Arts Classrooms and Library
• Microphones for Choir
• Mats for the Athletic Department
• Enrichment Books for the Band Department
• Support for the Drama Department
How can I be a part of the PTO when I work all day?
- There are many opportunities to help our children that can be part of one’s everyday routine.
- The membership fee alone comprises nearly 10 percent of our yearly budget.
- You can be a volunteer committee chair, that can be done from home. Organize a list of volunteers that can be called upon during the school year.
- You can make a difference.